We are pleased to announce that the recreation ground play area will reopen on the 4th of July 2020.
This update will come as good news to many families in Long Ashton and, we are pleased that we can now move to this next stage.
We want you to know that we take the health and safety of the community seriously and that we have taken steps to ensure that we can reopen in a way that safe for everyone.
With the safety of everybody in mind, we must stress the importance of following government guidelines for safe play. We all have a responsibility and must remember that these guidelines are in place to help us to stop the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
Government Symptoms Guidelines
If you have any of the following symptoms DO NOT enter the recreation ground play areas.
- A new continuous cough.
- A high temperature.
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
If you have any of the symptoms above, you must stay at home and arrange to have a test to see if you have COVID-19.
Recreation Ground Play Area Guidelines
- Only ten users at one time – Example: Five adults and five children.
- Please maintain 2m social distancing.
- Sanitise your hands before, during and after using the play park.
- If this area is busy, please wait or come back at another time.
- Respect other users by following a fair use policy.
- Children should be accompanied and supervised by one adult.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to wipe down equipment and asked to supervise your children’s behaviour to ensure safe play.
- Only one child on each piece of equipment at any one time (unless from the same family/part of a social bubble).
- Please be considerate of children with additional needs.
- No food or drink and please take your litter home with you.
Be aware that the recreation ground play areas are monitored by CCTV.
If we see that people are not following these guidelines the park will be closed.
Regarding the reopening of the Community Centre, we will be publishing an update early next week.