Who we are
Long Ashton Community Association Charity (LACA) has been managing the current site at Keedwell Hill since 1965.
LACA has built upon the founders’ vision and created a multi-purpose facility that serves the community 7-days a week and is the heart of the community.
LACA supports the community and hosts events for sports activities, family picnics, group meetups, fundraiser parties and much more.
JOB ADVERT – CARETAKER
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about providing outstanding service to our community, young and old, and with various abilities.
You would need to be capable of managing your workload and have a good knowledge of health, safety, security and hygiene procedures. You would also need to be physically fit and be able to lift the maximum safe lifting weight for a woman – 16kg, and the maximum safe lifting weight for men – 25kg.
All applicants will be subject to DBS and safer recruitment checks.
We are looking for 1 x Weekend Caretaker:
- Caretaker/Maintenance Person Saturday – Sunday (1st, 2nd and 4th weekends each month, (approx. 10 hours per week) @ £10.30 pr/hr.
The Caretaking Role
- Ensure the buildings are well-maintained safe, secure & clean
- Carry out essential health and safety checks and assessments
- Decorating, and repairs to décor
- Maintenance and minor repairs
- Making sure that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
- Ensure that doors and windows are locked when the building is not in use and has a keyholder responsibility.
- Checking the premises to guard against vandalism or break-ins
- Opening up the facility in the morning and locking it at the end of the day
- Arranging chairs and tables for meetings, parties etc. and clearing away afterwards
What we offer
We offer a fun and supportive team with a solution-focused atmosphere in a hard-working environment.
- Flexible working hours
- Bereavement leave
- Up to 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Rural Bristol centre location
How to apply
The application deadline is 6 pm on 17th September 2021.
Interviews will begin W/C on 22nd September.
Please apply by downloading our application form and return it to us:
Long Ashton Community Centre
Keedwell Hill, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9DP
Or email your application form to Sally-Anne Tarsey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applicants must complete the application form, as we will not accept CVs.
To discuss this job role, please email us using our contact form: https://longashtoncommunitycentre.org/contact-us/
LACA as an organisation values equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that tackles any structural discrimination or prejudice. We are actively trying to increase diversity in our organisation and encourage applications from all community sections.